×
App Icon
The Standard e-Paper
Fearless, Trusted News
★★★★ - on Play Store
Download App

Court: City Hall defied 2018 orders barring subdivision of Jamhuri Estate land

Three bedroomed flats in Jamhuri Estate near Ngong Road. [WSilberforce Okwiri, Standard]

Nairobi County ignored orders not to subdivide open areas at Jamhuri estate, the court has said.

Lands Court judge Kossy Bor had on December 6, 2018, said the county should not alter the initial plan for the estate or subdivide the land that had been left for utilities such as playgrounds and walking paths.

Premium Article

Get Full Access for Ksh299/Week.

Uncover the stories others won't tell. Subscribe now for exclusive access.
Continue Reading  →
What you get
  • Unlimited access to all premium content
  • Ad-free browsing experience
  • Mobile-optimised reading
  • Weekly newsletters & digests
Pay via
M - PESA
VISA
Airtel Money
Secure Payments Kenya's most trusted newsroom since 1902