Civil servants asked to resume their duties with immediate effect
By Sara Okuoro | August 10th 2017
Joseph Kinyua, Chief of Staff and Head of the Public Service has instructed all civil servants to resume their duties with immediate effect.
Kinyua further asked all Principal Secretaries to submit a list with names of civil servants who will have reported to work on Friday, August 11 in various ministries and departments.
The Acting Interior Cabinet Secretary Fred Matiang’i had declared August 8 a public holiday to enable Kenyans exercise their civic duty by participating in the General Election.
Matiang’i emphasised that only Tuesday had been declared a public holiday and he expected people to resume their usual duties by August 9.
Some people were however reluctant to engage in business as usual as there was still some uncertainty on the outcome of the election.
Kenya's brand value up by 8pc in one year on UK trade deal
- No questions over million shilling transactions opens taps for campaign billions
- Amid job losses, loyalty wanes as priorities change for most workers
By Peter Theuri
- Want to become a millionaire? Follow Warren Buffett’s 4 rules
- Financial discipline: Educate children when they are young
- Bonds boost NSE as investors shy away from equities