Barclays in talks to sell Zimbabwe Bank
| Mar 29th 2017 | 1 min read
Barclays is in exclusive talks to sell its stake in its Zimbabwe unit to Malawi-based First Merchant Bank, the lenders said on Tuesday.
First Merchant Bank said in a statement on its website it was in exclusive talks to buy out the 68 per cent of Barclays Bank of Zimbabwe owned by the British company.
A spokeswoman for Barclays confirmed the bank was in early discussions with a prospective buyer.
Meet Kenya's Sh30m-a-month bank chief executives
- Safaricom lines up M-Pesa for minors
- From data literacy to AI skills: Vital traits you need in today's workforce
- Cofek takes issue with expressway toll charges
By Paul Ogemba
- Local firms launch bid to promote Kenya across eastern Africa
- Shocker for those who fled Nairobi's high cost of living