RwandAir gets full IATA membership
By Philip Mwakio | May 30th 2015
RwandAir has been conferred full membership into International Air Transport Association (IATA). In a ceremony in Kigali, Rwanda’s capital on Monday, IATA Vice President for Africa Raphael Kuuchi officiated the handover of the certificate to RwandAir Chief Executive John Mirenge. ‘’RwandAir is a prime example of how a good corporate strategy and dedicated staff translates into success in the skies over Africa and beyond,’’ Kuuchi said.
Mr Mirenge said the airline was already linked in the past with IATA by participating in the Billing and Settlement Plan - being part of the airline’s Geneva-based clearinghouse system. He said the airline was not waiting for the next pre-scheduled audit to commence in June 2016. -Philip Mwakio
Construction of Sh20b housing project kicks off in Athi River
- Digitisation key in unlocking banks’ potential
By Kendi Ntwiga
- Kenya leads peers in water supply and sanitation inequalities
- Tying varsity funding to graduate jobs bold step
By XN Iraki
- What HR can do as burnout drives workers to 'The Great Resignation'
By Samuel Njogu
- Kenya races ahead of peers in sovereign wealth fund set up