NIC Bank donates Sh450,000 in support of students
By Standard Reporter | January 31st 2015
NIC Bank Ltd has partnered with Edumed Trust Kenya to support secondary school students, donating Sh450,000 towards cause. The funds will support the students through their four years in secondary school.
The donation is aimed at improving education standards in the country through partnerships with like-minded organisations.
NIC Bank Managing Director John Gachora, said the investment gives youth an opportunity to be tomorrow's leaders - contributing to the achievement of Vision 2030. So far, 80 students have benefited from the initiative.
The fund mainly pays school fees for students from difficult backgrounds. Edumed Trust Chief Executive Charles Njoroge, said more than 200 students have completed Form Four under the fund.
Chimphondah: The man putting Shelter Afrique’s house in order
- Gideon and ICT committee laud Konza City's project progress
- Court bars CBK's migration of banks to foreign payment firm
- Forex reserves drop by Sh27b after debt repayment to China
- KQ gets nod to evict rival airline 748 from JKIA property
- Retracing the rise of Nairobi bourse from colonial-era free fall