NIC Bank donates Sh450,000 in support of students
By Standard Reporter | January 31st 2015
NIC Bank Ltd has partnered with Edumed Trust Kenya to support secondary school students, donating Sh450,000 towards cause. The funds will support the students through their four years in secondary school.
The donation is aimed at improving education standards in the country through partnerships with like-minded organisations.
NIC Bank Managing Director John Gachora, said the investment gives youth an opportunity to be tomorrow's leaders - contributing to the achievement of Vision 2030. So far, 80 students have benefited from the initiative.
The fund mainly pays school fees for students from difficult backgrounds. Edumed Trust Chief Executive Charles Njoroge, said more than 200 students have completed Form Four under the fund.
How retired couple built a business empire in a Siaya village
- Techie who founded start-up with Sh3,000
By Brian George
- Sweet profits from bees made me quit a stable government job
- Equity wins Sh800m tax dispute against KRA
- State seeks powers to snoop on suspected money launderers
- State projects push up cement consumption