Boy injured in Mtwapa blast dies
By Philip Mwakio and Joseph Masha
The death toll from the Mombasa and Mtwapa blasts rose to two after a 12-year-old boy succumbed to injuries at the Coast Provincial General Hospital on Tuesday.
The boy who survived the Saturday Mtwapa grenade attack was admitted at the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) where he died while undergoing treatment.
Provincial Director of Medical Services Dr Maurice Siminyu confirmed the death.
A woman who was part of the congregation at the Mtwapa inter denominational prayer meeting died in the blast.
Nine victims are still admitted at the hospital.
The grenade was thrown at a pastors' fellowship crusade in Mtwapa on Saturday.
A similar attack took place in the Mombasa where a grenade was hurled at View Stadium bar.
End of an era as Double M buses face auctioneer's hammer
- Cash-strapped Kenyans getting nutritious relief from matumbo
- Banks on the spot over erroneous CRB listings
By Peter Theuri
- Power plays and politics: The toxic mix fuelling Kenya Power woes
- Why reviving debt-ridden Uchumi and Mumias Sugar remains a tall order
- Court ruling on income tax to hurt KRA’s target