NAIROBI, KENYA: Motorists who abandoned their vehicles at the 14 Riverside Drive complex, which was hit by a terror attack last week, have been allowed to pick them from Tuesday morning.
It will be a week since the incident happened and the dusitD2 was closed to the tenants.
Police Spokesman Charles Owino said the complex will be open to tenants and guests who were at the premises on the fateful January 15, 2019, when five gunmen blasted their way in, killing 21 people. More than 700 people were rescued from the complex that has office blocks and hotel.
The tenants can access their premises at the complex from Tuesday, officials said. It will be an emotional event as those who escaped from the complex will get memories of the incident that unfolded from 3pm.
One of the militants blew himself up while his four accomplices were shot dead in a siege which ended following day.
Ten suspects have since been arraigned over the attack, with police now allowed to detain them for a month to complete investigations. A number of abandoned explosives were recovered and safely detonated.