Mobile phone explodes leaving wife dead, injuring husband
SEE ALSO :Ayoo, MCAs row worsensThe mobile phone was charging in the bedroom where the couple were sleeping during a heavy downpour in the area.
Ochieng’ said electronic devices connected to solar power in the house were also destroyed. “Efforts of family members to rescue Akinyi proved futile since she was already overwhelmed by the burns. It was an unprecedented incident in this area,” Ochieng’ said. Akinyi’s huband Patrick Yala, who was with her in the house during the incident sustained serious injuries before being rushed to Ndiru Health Centre for medication. Dancun Ngicho, Medical officer in charge of Ndiru health center said Yala sustained a serious shock in the incident. He said the patient was vomiting blood which put him in a critical condition.
said. Area chief Kennedy Okoko confirmed the incident and said he had reported the matter to police. Okoko said police are undertaking investigations on the matter. “We have liaised with the police so that they conduct investigations into the matter,” Okoko said. The body was moved to Rosewood hospital mortuary in Rongo, Mogori County.