Koffi Olomide released from prison
ARTS & CULTURE
By Caroline Nyanga | July 29th 2016
Congolese musician Koffi Olomide has been set free. The controversial singer was released Thursday after serving a day in jail instead of the 18-month sentence he had been handed.
Koffi was arrested on Tuesday at his palatial home in Mon Fleur Estate in Kinshasa, after assaulting his dancer at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport last Friday.
His Kenyan promoter Jules Nsana confirmed Olomide's release.
"An elated Olomide called me from his home informing me of his release. He was with his band members, friends and family members. I am happy for him. After all, what matters is he has learnt his lesson," Nsana said.
Missing student found dead at university grounds
- Raila agrees to share political party billions with Wiper, other parties
- Unknown people were tracking Wycliffe Omwenga
- Fanfare as Raila meets musicians
By Betty Njeru
- Letter from Ithanga: Murang’a’s unexploited agricultural Canaan
By XN Iraki
- The four options for Kalonzo in 2022 succession