Family of three dies in a fire incident

Family of three dies in a fire incident
Grief has hit residents of Engineer town in Nyandarua county after a family of three perished in a fire incident on Sunday night.

Among them were the two parents who are teachers and their three year old son.

According to residents, the fire broke up at around 11 pm when they were preparing to retire to bed.

Residents suspect that the fire might have been started by a leaking gas which they had used to cook.

SEE ALSO :Land row turns burial into 20-minute affair

“We heard a loud bang and suddenly a big fire erupted.The trio were in the house and efforts to rescue them failed as they were locked inside,” said Judy Nyambura.

She said that it took residents more than one hour to put off the fire as strong winds made iot hard.

“We gathered at the scene but could not manage to secure anything as the strong winds made it hard for us.There was no source of water nearby either,”she said.

For More of This and Other Stories, Grab Your Copy of the Standard Newspaper.  

Residents have now protested accusing the Nyandarua county government of lacking a fire fighting machine in the area.

“It is a shame that there is no fire fighting machine in the town despite the numerous fire incidents of late.We could have saved the lives of the three if there was one,” lamented John Njoroge, a resident.

SEE ALSO :28 needy students receive Wings to Fly scholarship

The bodies of the three were moved to Engineer hospital mortuary.

Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Standard Digital Telegram channel HERE.

Get the latest summary of news in your email every morning. Subscribe below

* indicates required
Nyandarua countyEngineer townFire incident