A fire broke out at the Jomo Kenyatta International Airport, Nairobi last night and disrupted operations for hours as engines fought to contain it.
Officials said the fire broke out at about 11.44pm at JKIA Terminal 1C’s Check-inn counters 7 and 8.
The Kenya Airports Authority said the fire was caused by a baggage belt system malfunction.
KAA added Terminal 1C (T1C) was temporarily cordoned off and its flight operations moved to Terminal 1B (T1B).
“All passengers and staff at the terminal were evacuated safely and the fire contained by the airport’s fire team. No injuries were reported during the incident,” said the authority.
KAA said they are working to ensure that Terminal 1C is reopened for normal operations as soon as possible.
More to follow.