Witness recalls the last seconds of a Dusit attack terrorist

The man who walked past the suicide bomber just seconds before the blast, survived and is thankful to God for sparing his life.

This is after a video clip emerged showing how a suicide bomber blew himself up at dusitD2 on January 15, 2019.

Abdullahi Ogelo is the man in a cap seen walking past the bomber just before the explosion. In a television interview, he revealed that he had no idea of what was happening

Ogelo said he was going on with his daily routine at the premises and was going to meet his friends when he unsuspectingly walked past the terrorist.

“When I walked past him I could hear him argue on phone. He seemed to be asking where the rest of his colleagues were and his hand was moving over his chest,” Ogelo said during an interview with a local TV station.

Ogelo is perhaps the last man to see the attacker. After the bomber blows up, a crowd is seen rushing outside through the smoke from the explosion.

Ogelo said that contrary to what people are saying on social media; that he ran after seeing the terrorist, nothing of the sort happened.

“I just jumped onto a staircase located beside the restaurant… I heard a loud bang and I knew I had to run for my dear life,” he recalled.

Ogelo has worked with the hotel as a site manager for almost eight years and is thankful to God for sparing his life.

“Only God knows why I survived. The terrorist’s body was torn into pieces and I even had to jump over parts of his body on my way out. I am thankful to God for sparing my life,” he said.

Security agencies have placed the number of terrorists at between five and six.

Reports say another suicide bomber had been shot and injured at the entrance of Dusit Complex when security officers manning the Australian embassy, which is about 100m away, responded to the initial gunshots.

Reliable sources also say an injured terrorist arrived at the main hotel lobby and hurled two grenades but they failed to explode.

Police say one of the terrorists was a Kenyan identified as Salim Gichunge. He lived in a rental house in Muchatha area, Kiambu County.

The incident claimed 21 lives, 14 of them Kenyans, and President Uhuru Kenyatta assured the nation that he will not relent in the fight against terrorism.

Over 700 people were evacuated from the building and the government was thankful to security forces for their swift response and bravery in neutralizing the militants.

For the latest news in entertainment check out Sde.co.ke and Pulser.co.ke , for everything sports visit Gameyetu.co.ke and ladies we have you covered on Evewoman

Dusit attackriverside attack