A mother, 38, and her two sons have been found dead inside a makeshift tent in a church compound in Uhonya Village, Siaya County.
Anna Mwajuma, Dan Onyango (12) and Lawrence Onyango (8) died in what is suspected to be suffocation from carbon monoxide which emanated from a jiko they were using.
Confirming the incident North West Gem location Chief Mr Barrack Opondo told The Standard that the victims had attended an annual prayer conference at God’s Last Appeal Church.
The chief added that the deceased, who came from Mulaha sub-location in Alego-Usonga sub-county, erected the makeshift camp where they slept on Tuesday night.
“They were not seen the whole of Wednesday only for their bodies to be discovered in the tent later at around 9 pm,” the chief said.
The three bodies were taken to Siaya County Referral Hospital Mortuary to await post-mortem as investigations begin into the matter.
Elsewhere, a 38-year-old man was on Thursday found dead inside a guesthouse at Ndori market center in Rarieda Sub County.
The body of Habil Omondi, who was reported to be hailing from Kisumu County, was found dangling from the ceiling with a bed sheet on his neck.
Sources at the restaurant said that deceased bought a bottle of soda before proceeding to the room.
According to North Ramba assistant chief Mr Maurice Omondi the incident was discovered by the workers who found the door still locked and there was no response when they tried to call.
“The deceased left no suicidal note and we are not able to establish what might have led him to take away his life,” said Omondi.
The body was taken to Bondo Sub County hospital mortuary awaiting postmortem.
We are undertaking a survey to help us improve our content for you. This will only take 1 minute of your time, please give us your feedback by clicking HERE. All responses will be confidential.