Kenya Power employee electrocuted while replacing transformer in Kisumu

Kisumu, Kenya: One Kenya Power employee dies after being electrocuted, another suffers serious burns while replacing a transformer in Kondele, Kisumu.

On Thursday at 7.00 pm in Kondele area two Kenya Power company employees were replacing a transformer when suddenly power resumed. One of them was electrocuted and died on the spot while the other received serious burns and was taken to hospital and admitted. Police visited the scene and the body has been moved to Russia Hospital Mortuary for preservation.