Make up for dry skin
By Yunia Kuria
Our skin types can be grouped into three categories — oily, normal, and dry skin. The best skin for make-up application is the normal skin. Make-up application for both dry and oily skin is the most difficult.
Dry skin has many triggers ranging from weather and air conditioning to medications and detergents.
Don’t, however, let dry skin sideline your make-up routine. If you have a dry skin, the best procedure to apply make-up for best results is as follows
Wash your face with a fruit-based face cleanser that has moderate proportion of moisturiser. If you use soap; ensure it is a moisturising soap.
• Get some ice cubes and press them over your face for 5 minutes.
• Use a suitable moisturiser to massage your face. Ensure you massage in such a way that the moisturizer properly soaks into the skin.
For More of This and Other Stories, Grab Your Copy of the Standard Newspaper.
• Allow your skin some time to dry.
• Once the skin is dry, apply a moisturising lotion all over the face and neck to get a hydrated face. Never use body lotion on your face because they may have ingredients that are healthy for the body but will dry or even irritate the skin.
• If your skin is extremely dry, skip the powder foundation since it will further dry your skin and make it look dull and tired. You can now apply foundation and ensure it is a crème-based foundation — this is the best option for dry skin.
• Finish this off by applying a mineral based face powder; make sure you get the right brand.
• Dry skin and fine lines go together, especially around the eyes. Therefore, always use a cream eye shadow that will leave your eyes looking smooth.
• For the lips, use a moisturising lip balm for the perfect healthy shine to show off your look.
• Despite all the efforts to get it right with make-up, any woman with a dry skin should get to the root of the problem. For many people, there’s often an underlying reason for their dry skin. It could be skin diseases like eczema or psoriasis, or not taking the right diet. Eating a lot of junk food, drinking very little water and not getting adequate vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids, could all result in dry skin.
You should never accept dry skin as a way of life or stop you from using your favourite make-up. By following these tips, you should be able to wear your favourite make-up while maintaining beautiful, supple, moisturised skin.
Don’t hesitate to consult a dermatologist about a cosmetics that fit the needs of your unique skin type.
Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Standard Digital Telegram channel HERE.
skin types Make up