Herman Cain, former Republican presidential candidate, dies after COVID-19 diagnosis
By Reuters | July 30th 2020
Herman Cain, a 2012 Republican presidential candidate, has died after contracting Covid-19, according to a statement on his website and Facebook page.
Cain was diagnosed with the disease in late June after attending a Tulsa, Oklahoma, rally for President Donald Trump, an event where many attendees crowded close together without wearing face masks to prevent the spread of the coronavirus.
“We’re heartbroken, and the world is poorer: Herman Cain has gone to be with the Lord,” the statement on his website said.
Covid 19 Time Series
Beyond the call of duty: Kericho nurse who won hearts of many
By Nikko Tanui
- Safari Rally: Traffic to be disrupted in major city roads
- Gang fires several bullets into motorist’s car on Thika Road
By Kamore Maina
- Mt Kenya leaders hold meetings to unite voting bloc
- Sh431m love fraud: Kenyan woman could face up to 30 years in US jail
By Brian Okoth
- Six soldiers who were part of British military exercise in Kenya face dismissal
By Betty Njeru