By Standard Digital Reporter
In a terse state ment of the study carried out in conjunction with University of Manitoba, NACC distanced itself saying the figures were not official and have not been released by its authorised officers.
The state ment sent by NACC communications officer Jenipher Wambua said: “It has come to our attention that The Standard online edition has an article attributed to the NACC indicating that Nyanza has the highest number of men who have sex with men.”
The state ment said: “Kindly note that this is not a NACC led study and therefore cannot be attributed to NACC. The purported facts are citations from unofficial sources and the NACC requests for the immediate removal of the story which is already causing public anxiety and apprehension.”
The NACC takes great exception regarding this story because whenever NACC conducts studies; such reports are usually released through official channels by authorized officers.
Next Story »
- Distress as old man commits suicide for lack of grandchild
- The Omieri Mystery
- NYC building collapse kills one, injures 17
- Why Starehe Boys sent Principal packing
- Bayern Munich in trouble after controversial ‘Gay Gunners’ banner aimed at Arsenal
- Iranian people-smuggling link as Malaysia jet search widens