By Standard Digital Reporter
In a terse state ment of the study carried out in conjunction with University of Manitoba, NACC distanced itself saying the figures were not official and have not been released by its authorised officers.
The state ment sent by NACC communications officer Jenipher Wambua said: “It has come to our attention that The Standard online edition has an article attributed to the NACC indicating that Nyanza has the highest number of men who have sex with men.”
The state ment said: “Kindly note that this is not a NACC led study and therefore cannot be attributed to NACC. The purported facts are citations from unofficial sources and the NACC requests for the immediate removal of the story which is already causing public anxiety and apprehension.”
The NACC takes great exception regarding this story because whenever NACC conducts studies; such reports are usually released through official channels by authorized officers.
Next Story »
- Transfer gossip and rumours: Robin van Persie to quit Man United, according to Ronald de Boer
- Arsenal 4-1 Everton: Stylish Arsenal move onto FA Cup semi-finals with hard fought win
- The Green-eyed monster among women
- Manchester United beat West Brom 3-0 at the Hawthorns
- US ex-congressman says Zimbabwe believes he is a spy
- Residents question frequent transfers of police in Karen