Makueni Senator Mutula Kilonzo was found dead in his Maanzoni home on Saturday afternoon . [Photo: File/Standard]
By Standard Digital Reporter
Machakos, Kenya: Makueni Senator Mutula Kilonzo has passed on in his Maanzoni home in Machakos County.
Former Vice President Kalonzo Musyoka announced the shocking news during a burial in Tseikuru in Mwingi North Constituency on Saturday afternoon.
Police have also confirmed the news saying Mutula was found dead Saturday afternoon in his room.
Workers were curious after he failed to wake up upto 1pm and were forced to break the door where they found his body lying on bed.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Grace Kaindi says they are yet to know the cause of death and thorough probe will be conducted including a postmortem.
“We have been informed of the death and all resources have been mobilised to know the cause”, said Kaindi.
Workers told police Mutula retired to bed late Friday night and was in high spirits.
Next Story »
- Bayern Munich 1 Arsenal 1: Bayern Munich end Arsenal European hopes after draw in Munich
- Team Named for Youth Olympics Qualifiers: Squad is preparing to seek slot for China championship and junior world contest
- ATHLETICS: Running to aid Bible translation
- Well-timed boost: Kenya’s Kyalo and Kinuthia land AIBA scholarship
- Gor bundled out: Esperance stifle life out of K’Ogalo in continental fixture
- Duale, Nyamweya differ over competence of PAC chairman