By Sophie Oyugi
Self help groups have become a common savings vehicle in Kenya today.
Initially considered a women’s venture, it is now common to come across groups that are comprised of men.
• The group should have by-laws or a constitution that guides its activities and dictates its membership including the officials. Ensure that your constitution clearly indicates your objectives.
• A group must pay a registration fee of Sh1,000.
Next Story »
- Nigeria Islamists still holding 85 schoolgirls
- Search for missing Malaysian jet in focused underwater area to be completed in 5-7 days
- Baby dies after being left in car for ten hours in sweltering heat
- SpaceX launches Dragon capsule to ISS
- Family horror after boy aged seven is set on fire by friends
- US state moves to repeal 223-year-old law that criminalised adultery