By Sophie Oyugi
Self help groups have become a common savings vehicle in Kenya today.
Initially considered a women’s venture, it is now common to come across groups that are comprised of men.
• The group should have by-laws or a constitution that guides its activities and dictates its membership including the officials. Ensure that your constitution clearly indicates your objectives.
• A group must pay a registration fee of Sh1,000.
Next Story »
- Three suspected poachers arrested with ivory worth 3M
- Search for missing Malaysian jet may take years
- 23 stone man offered job as David Beckham look-a-like
- Apple, Google agree to pay over $300 mln to settle conspiracy lawsuit
- Drinking more coffee 'slashes risk of diabetes' - and it works instantly
- State bets on key pillars to grow the economy