Redsan is now sporting a sleek black Mercedes SLS280. This second generation model is more of a tourer than a sports car. With an impressive 1.8 litre petrol engine, the car reaches 90kph in 7.6 seconds.
The SLS-style interior is relatively plain, but clear and well screwed together. Indeed, this flat torque delivery results in a most unexpected surge of acceleration as the motor spins back down into the very punchy mid-range.
The SLK range has quicker steering and this model, rolling on standard-issue steel springs and dampers, was decently agile in that typically restrained characteristic Mercedes way.
This is a very pleasant machine. Itâs an enthusiastic, compact, neat handling and brisk all-weather roadster with a particularly impressive and punchy four-cylinder engine. Itâs also well made and as capable of tackling a mountain road, as it is happy to bowl down to the shops.
- Relief as surgeons re-attach man’s severed private organ
- Can medical board really bite finger that feeds it?
- Mother claims nurse watched her newborn die
- Governor’s encounter with leaky roofs in school
- Police arrest former councillor for piracy
- Cord leaders allege ploy by State to ‘kill’ devolution through Ministry