RAPE: Cristiano Ronaldo accuser’s lawyer extends search for evidence to the UK

Sports
By Mirror | Oct 05, 2018
Lawyers acting for Cristiano Ronaldo’s alleged sexual assault victim have extended their search for evidence to the UK [Courtesy]

Kathryn Mayorga’s lawyer Leslie Stovall has begun attempting to track down a woman who made a complaint against the star which led to his arrest in 2005 on suspicion of rape.

The then-Manchester United starlet, who was aged 20 at the time, was quizzed by police in London over the alleged incident at the city’s five-star Sanderson Hotel on October 2 of that year.

Last night Mr Stovall told the Mirror: “We are actively looking for this women.

“She may hold information that may help up in our case.

Kathryn Mayorga’s lawyer has begun attempting to track down a woman who made a complaint against the star which led to his arrest in 2005 on suspicion of rape [Courtesy]

“It is important we track her down to talk with her.

“I am more than prepared to fly to London to find her."

Ronaldo and a second man, aged in his thirties, were accused by two women of assaulting them after United’s 3-2 win over Fulham at Craven Cottage on October 1, 2005.

At the time, the forward told pals we had been “stitched up” after being released on bail.

According to reports, one of the accusers later withdrew her allegation.

The Crown Prosecution Service ruled there was insufficient evidence to push ahead with a prosecution.

Earlier this week, Ronaldo, 33, issued a firm denial of the claim made against him by Ms Mayorga.

Ms Mayorga and Ronaldo party in a club in 2009 [Courtesy]

He wrote on social media on Wednesday: "Keen as I may be to clear my name, I refuse to feed the media spectacle created by people seeking to promote themselves at my expense.

Ms Mayorga alleges Ronaldo raped her in the penthouse suite of a Las Vegas hotel in 2009.

The Nevada woman alleges the former Manchester United forward then dispatched a team of "fixers" to obstruct the criminal investigation and trick her into keeping quiet for 375,000 dollars (£268,000).

Ronaldo was also suspended for Juventus' Champions League victory over Young Boys in midweek but should return for this weekend's Serie A encounter with Udinese. 

Share this story
Kirimi powers to glory at VetLab Club event
Ericv Karimi is the overall winner of the eighth and final leg of the Kengen golf tournament series. 
Strathmore Swords bounce back to slice Eldonets in league battle
Strathmore University Swords bounced back from Saturday’s defeat to edge out Eldonets 67-64 in a Kenya Basketball Federation (KBF) Women’s Premier League match on Sunday.
K'Ogalo silence Muranga Seal to move one win away from title
Record league champions Gor Mahia moved to within one win of another league title after beating Murang’a Seal 3-1 in a crucial SportPesa Premier League match on Sunday.
African stars in Europe: Antoine Semenyo wins it for City
Antoine Semenyo produced one of the great FA Cup final goals with an audacious back-flick that sealed a 1-0 win for Manchester City over Chelsea in the FA Cup final at the weekend.
Mixed results for top boxers as Police, KDF lead after first leg
Defending champions Kenya Police and Kenya Defence Forces shared the lead after the opening leg of the National Boxing League in Nakuru, as several top boxers suffered surprise defeats.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS