Former Head of Public Service Richard Leakey dies at 77
| Jan 2nd 2022 | 1 min read
Former Head of Public Service and secretary to the Cabinet Dr Richard Leakey is dead.
The Kenyan paleoanthropologist, conservationist and politician died on January 2, 2022.
President Uhuru Kenyatta confirmed Dr Leakey’s death on Sunday evening, eulogising him as a strong crusader for wildlife protection.
“I have this afternoon, received with deep sorrow the sad news of the passing away of Dr Richard Erskine Frere Leakey, Kenya's former Head of Public Service,” read the statement by PSCU.
List of high-end properties that Charles Njonjo ownedIn the 1980s, he teamed up with Jeremiah Kiereini and other politicians to make strings of acquisitions in corporate Kenya.
President Uhuru Kenyatta mourns Dr Richard LeakeyKenya's former Head of Public Service Dr Richard Leakey dies at the age of 77; Pres. Uhuru eulogises him as a strong crusader for wildlife protection.
Why Uhuru will not be part of Azimio campaign trail- Murathe
- Accept polls outcome in August, Uhuru tells aspirants
By Brian Okoth
- What the design of Pension Towers symbolises.
- If Kalonzo chooses to work with Raila, I'll support him, says Andrew Sunkuli
By Mate Tongola
- Former Runyenjes MP denies links to viral post on running mate
- Ruto catches Karua by surprise as he breaks protocol
By Betty Njeru