×
× KTN KTN News KTN Morning Express KTN Leo Leo Mashinani The Big Story Checkpoint News Center E-Paper Lifestyle & Entertainment Nairobian Entertainment Eve Woman Travelog TV Stations KTN Home KTN News BTV KTN Farmers TV Radio Stations Radio Maisha Spice FM Vybez Radio Enterprise VAS E-Learning Digger Classified Jobs Games Crosswords Sudoku The Standard Group Corporate Contact Us Rate Card Vacancies DCX O.M Portal Corporate Email RMS
Login
×
Show Swahili

Employer of the week Nzoia Sugar Company key player in Kenya’s sugar industry

22nd March, 2014

Tonight we’d like to laud a company that provides livelihoods to mainly semi skilled and unskilled Kenyan agriculturalists and that is Nzoia Sugar Company. Located in Bungoma County, Nzoia Sugar Company Limited is one of the key players in Kenya’s sugar industry. It provides business for over 67,000 farmers in Bungoma, Kakamega, Lugari and Malava districts. Through sugarcane growing, these thousands of Kenyans have been provided with a livelihood and improved standards of living. The government is the majority shareholder owning 98% shares while Fives Cail Babcock and Industrial Development Bank owns the remaining 2 percent shares.
.
RELATED VIDEOS