Red card what? Ronaldo cleared to face Man United in the Champions League
Football
By
Mirror
| Sep 27, 2018
Cristiano Ronaldo WILL face Manchester United in the Champions League next month.
The Portuguese superstar was sent off during Juventus ' 2-0 win over Valencia after an off-the-ball clash with Jeison Murillo.
He was automatically handed a one-game ban for the dismissal but his return to Old Trafford on October 23 was in doubt with an extension possible.
But UEFA have confirmed Ronaldo's ban will stay at one match meaning he will be free to take on his former club.
Ronaldo, 33, will sit out Juve's next Champions League group stage match against Young Boys in Switzerland next week.
READ MORE
Retail investors can now own a piece of mega infrastructure projects through NSE
Why AI is gaining prominence in Africa's new investment agenda
New push to formalise garbage collection SMEs
The power of patience, psychology and strategy in debt recovery
Motivational speakers: When they sell you false business hopes
Africa Summit win for Kenya and continent, but on whose terms?
Youth gain skills in electronics repair and e-waste management
From Boeing cockpit to truck seat: Building Africa's logistics backbone
France says G7 finance talks 'frank, sometimes difficult'
Africa banks on continental trade agreement to rev up investments
Following the clash, Juve boss Max Allegri led calls for the introduction of VAR.
"I can only say that VAR would have helped the referee make the right decision," Allegri said.
"Mostly because it was the 29th minute in the first half in a difficult game, to find yourselves with 10 men for a red card, that was not right."
UEFA announced earlier on Thursday that VAR would be introduced in the Champions League from next season.
Ronaldo has scored three goals since joining Juventus from Real Madrid this summer.