Fly 540 plane makes emergency landing in Turkana after engine fails
By Sara Okuoro | February 28th 2020
A Fly 540 airplane has made an emergency landing at Kapese Airstrip in Turkana South after developing mechanical problems.
The aircraft had just departed from the airstrip at 9:45am on Friday when one engine failed.
The pilot was forced to turn back just 5 minutes into the flight citing “mechanical issues.”
All the 49 passengers and 5 crew members aboard the flight disembarked safely.
There were no injuries reported.
The Fly 540 flight 5Y - CGH was enroute to Wilson Airport in Nairobi from Lodwar.
The airline said in a press release that the incident would cause delays in their flight schedule over the next few days.
Where is my kidney?
- President and Raila ‘joined at the hip despite misgivings’
- JSC allows Mugenda to chair panel to pick next Chief Justice amid protests
- Kenyans give new-look Standard newspaper warm reception [Photos]
- Cost of living pushes Kenyans to shop in Uganda
- How KBC staffer’s killing occurred
By Brian Okoth