By Cyrus Ombati
Mandera, Kenya: Two grenades have been hurled into World Food Programme (WFP) compound in Mandera Town by unknown assailants. No injuries were reported.
Police and witnesses say the Wednesday evening blast occurred as a group of worshippers were leaving a nearby mosque after their prayers.
Police say it is not clear who hurled the grenade that exploded few metres away from the WFP main office.
Outgoing North Eastern PPO Philip Tuimur say no arrests have been made. Tuimur said bomb experts are at the scene accessing the situation.
The blast occurred two days after one person was killed in a grenade attack on police vehicle in Garissa.
Next Story »
- Meet convicted criminal authorities forgot to send to prison for 13 years
- British Army offer free medical camp to Samburu residents
- CORD says state has failed on security
- Teacher drugged more than 90 boys with sleeping pills before molesting them
- Police block sections of road in Pangani over claims of bomb in car
- IGAD strongly condemns killing of civilians in South Sudan