By Moses Njagih
However, residents complained about withdrawal of security officers who had been deployed in strategic positions of the town.
Police officers, including the dreaded General Service Unit (GSU), who had been deployed to man streets and in key institutions in the town when senior government officials led by Prime Minister Raila Odinga and Vice-President Kalonzo Musyoka visited the scene, were withdrawn after the top level government officials and security chiefs left the place on Monday evening.
Area MP Adan Dualle on Tuesday led religious leaders, bringing together Christian and Muslim clergymen, in protesting to the area DC, who also chairs the area District Security Committee, over the withdrawal of security officers.
“The kind of security witnessed here yesterday (Monday) because the VP and the PM were visiting has not been witnessed in years, it’s a shame that the security officers were withdrawn immediately the leaders left. The whole thing appears like it was only a show off,” complained Dualle.
- New clashes in Brazil's before football game
- Salva Kiir sacks top South Sudan officials
- Lawyer wants Chinedu to appear in court
- Maji marefu’s futile effort to find stolen property
- Can chickens really be cleverer than a toddler? Studies suggest animals can master numeracy and basic engineering
- Freedom of media under threat in Eastern Africa