James Rodriguez reveals his future at Bernabeu after Real Madrid crowned champions
Sports
By
Reuters
| May 30, 2016
Colombian international James Rodriguez sees his future at the Bernabeu stadium despite getting a lot less game time for
in his second season.
The 24-year-old attacking midfielder scored 17 goals and contributed 17 assists in 43 starts in the 2014-15 campaign after joining Real from Monaco but he made just 21 starts in all competitions in his second year.
Reports in Spain have linked Rodriguez with Manchester United and Paris St Germain.
READ MORE
Kenya to host green hydrogen symposium as country positions for the global stage
TSC boss Mitei honoured at regions' Superwoman awards
African stars in Europe: Antoine Semenyo wins it for City
Kenyans shine at International Creator Day 2026
Kenya is over-politicised while systems are routinely ignored
Kipyegon storms to victory in DL opener
Kenya basks in 10,000m glory at African Senior Athletics event
The paradox of success in Africa Forward Summit
Athena revels in her success at global showpiece
Delusion: When guests mistake African hospitality for hegemony
"In football you never know but I want to continue here and my idea is to have many more years with the club," he told Marca.
"I am happy here. All the people close to me are happy too. It's the ideal club and I want to be here."
Rodriguez watched Saturday's Champions League final triumph over Atletico Madrid from the bench and admitted the season had been "a bit strange".
"I would have liked to play but I did contribute to the team's success," he said. "When you have bad times you also learn from them and each day I learn more."
Rodriguez, who is under contract with Real until 2020, was the leading scorer in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
He will captain Colombia in next month's Copa America.