Pastor Ng'ang'a: Over 700 women left my church when I introduced my wife

ENTERTAINMENT
By Vincent Kejitan | Sep 24, 2024
Pastor Ng'ang'a and his wife Mercy Murugi.

Neno Evangelism Centre founder Apostle James Ng'ang'a recently said over 700 women left his church when he introduced his wife Mercy Murugi.

In a video that has now gone viral, the outspoken preacher said when he lost his first wife so many women were on his case and were disappointed upon learning of his choice.

Having established himself as a renowned preacher in the city, Ng'ang'a said the anointing he had came with wealth and influence and many women wanted to be part of that.

He claimed that some ushers were part of the team that left but he remained resilient, standing by his wife despite the negativity that surrounded him at the time.

"When I wanted to marry my wife, this church had a big problem. The church was so flooded. Several women had been approaching me because when you have an anointing and also wealth, women come into your life.

"They are everywhere. So when I unveiled my wife, believe me, or not, 700 women stood and walked away," he said.

The preacher said some even criticised him for marrying a young lady but he was undeterred because she was the one he wanted.

Why I went for a woman way younger than me

In a 2019 interview on Radio Jambo, Ng'ang'a, who married Murugi in 2012, said he was attracted to her intelligence and wanted someone to enjoy life with.

He admitted that they faced some hurdles barely a year after their wedding as his wife was constantly fed with lies to make her walk away.

Also read: Pastor Ng'ang'a: My wife abandoned me while she was expecting twins

"By the time I knew her, she was in university, and that is one thing that attracted me to her as I did not go to school myself.

"There were thousands of women who wanted me to marry them, hence the disagreement between me and the church. But I made my final decision and settled for her," he said.

Pastor Ng'ang'a [File, Standard]

Adding: "They tried to fight her and even brought witchcraft to our home. I would wake up in the morning and find things thrown in our compound, but through prayers, we are good now."

Around the same time, he warned his congregants against disrespecting his wife, saying he would not hesitate to kick them out of his ministry.

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS