Russia strikes southern Ukraine killing woman, wounding two people
World
By
AFP
| Mar 20, 2026
Russian strikes in southern Ukraine killed one woman and wounded two people, including a child, the regional military administration said on Friday.
"At night, the Russians attacked Zaporizhzhia district. They carried out two strikes, destroying private houses," Ivan Fedorov, the head of the regional military administration, posted on Telegram, adding a 30-year-old woman was killed.
A 10-year-old boy and a 48-year-old man were wounded in the attack, he said.
Ukrainian and US negotiators will meet in the United States on Saturday in a bid to revive stalled talks on Russia's invasion, according to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said.
Talks between Russia and Ukraine, brokered and pushed by the United States, have been derailed by the US-Israeli war with Iran that broke out last month.
READ MORE
From Boeing cockpit to truck seat: Building Africa's logistics backbone
France says G7 finance talks 'frank, sometimes difficult'
Africa banks on continental trade agreement to rev up investments
How 300 containers were stolen from Mombasa port
800 youth benefit from 'Glam on Wheels' Initiative
Flower industry loses Sh200m as transport strike hits JKIA cargo
Families feel the pinch as war-hit diaspora remittances shrink
Legal battle brews over new tea levy, directorship
For Africa to move forward, Africans must be allowed to cross borders
Global housing crisis deepens despite policy gains - UN warns