Aubameyang gives update on his health after heart scare
Football
By
Reuters
| Jan 20, 2022
Arsenal striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang said on Thursday he had been given a clean bill of health after leaving the Africa Cup of Nations to return to London for heart checks.
The Gabon football federation said last week that tests conducted in Cameroon after the player was positive for COVID-19 had found cardiac lesions.
"Hi guys, I came back to London to do some additional checks, and I’m very happy to say that my heart is absolutely fine and I’m completely healthy," Aubameyang wrote on his Instagram page.
"Really appreciate all the messages over the last few days and I’m already back at it."
An accompanying photograph showed him in the gym.
READ MORE
How 300 containers were stolen from Mombasa port
800 youth benefit from 'Glam on Wheels' Initiative
Flower industry loses Sh200m as transport strike hits JKIA cargo
Families feel the pinch as war-hit diaspora remittances shrink
Legal battle brews over new tea levy, directorship
For Africa to move forward, Africans must be allowed to cross borders
Global housing crisis deepens despite policy gains - UN warns
Mbadi names Adan Mohamed as new KRA chief
Kenya to host green hydrogen symposium as country positions for the global stage
Aubameyang was released from quarantine last week but did not play against Ghana on Friday after doctors reported the cardiac lesions.
The player was stripped of the Arsenal captaincy in December after a disciplinary breach and has been linked to other clubs in the transfer window.