Court sentences four Hong Kong students in bomb plot
World
By
VOA
| May 27, 2023
A court sentenced four Hong Kong students for their role in a prevented bomb plot.
The four previously pleaded guilty to conspiracy to cause an explosion after police thwarted their plot and arrested them in July 2021.
The alleged targets included court buildings.
Judge Alex Lee said the oldest defendant in the group, 21-year-old Alexander Au, was more culpable in the plot, given his involvement in renting a hotel room and carrying out reconnaissance of targeted buildings.
Au was sentenced to five years and eight months in prison.
READ MORE
Kenya Army, KPA and Equity win as league second leg gets underway
Privatisation Act 2025 is constitutional, High Court rules
Kenya's Sh515 million open defecation crisis
Exam cancellation: 22 former Karega Secondary School candidates yet to get 2025 KCSE results
Treasury says country's debt is sustainable
Nandi Bear: Reclaiming the forgotten heroes in Kenya's freedom struggle
EACC probes Sh5M Vihiga Speaker housewarming party
Minority investors win bigger say in KenGen Board shake-up
Athletics stars set for a tough battle for honors at Sirikwa Classic
Report ranks Kenya's corruption fight among the worst globally
The other defendants, who are between 17 and 20 years old, played lesser roles, the judge said, and were ordered to be sent to juvenile rehabilitation facilities.