Why am not vying for elective post in 2017- Gor Semelang'o

Sports
By Pulse | Dec 14, 2016
The vocal former Youth Fund boss said that he wishes to serve Kenyans through his new charity outfit as opposed to vying for an elective post Photo: Courtesy

After launching the Black and White volunteers charity organisation last month, philanthropic investor Gor Semelang’o has said he is not going to join politics come 2017. The vocal former Youth Fund boss told MondayBlues that he wishes to serve Kenyans through his new charity outfit as opposed to vying for an elective post.

“The Black and White volunteers movement is now an international movement that has seen hundreds of local and international participants join in and I want to devote my energies towards this to serve Kenyans,” Gor told MondayBlues yesterday.

“Besides other undertakings, Black and White targets to carry civic education among the youth and also mobilise about 10 million new young voters to participate in the 2017 elections. Ours is a call to serve. This is a grass root based network that is giving celebrities and young Kenyans an opportunity to serve as they explore their talents,” he added.

Share this story
China claims two snow golds at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics
China claimed two golds on snow at the Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics on Wednesday, while Norway's cross-country sensation Johannes Hoesflot Klaebo raised his Winter Olympic gold medal tally to ten.
Sevilla coach Almeyda banned for seven games after clash with referee
Sevilla coach Matias Almeyda has been banned for seven matches after his red card last weekend during a La Liga draw with Alaves.
All World Cup matches sold out, says FIFA's Infantino
All 104 matches of the 2026 World Cup will be "sold out," FIFA president Gianni Infantino says, even though tickets are still available ahead of the June 11 kickoff.
Bodo-Glimt stun Inter, Gordon hits four in Newcastle Champions League romp
Norway's Bodo/Glimt stunned Inter Milan in the Champions League, beating last season's runners-up 3-1 in the first leg of their knockout phase play-off tie
Kenyan esports star Kappa lands a professional deal in Morocco
The top two players in eBotola League will earn direct qualification to the Esports World Cup in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, scheduled for July 2026.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS