South Africa issues warning after lion escapes
Africa
By
Xinhua
| Apr 01, 2016
South African authorities have issued a warning to the public after a lion escaped from the Karoo National Park.
It was the second time the lion escaped from the same park, the South African National Parks (SANParks) said.
In 2015, the three-year-old male lion escaped through a hole in a fence at the park after heavy rain in the area.
The animal killed 28 sheep, a cow and a kudu. It was captured later and sent back to the park.
But the animal escaped again earlier this week, this time by crawling under an electric fence after heavy rains in the area once again.
READ MORE
US sanctions DR Congo ex-leader Kabila over rebel ties
UN helps return hundreds of DR Congo refugees from Burundi
DR Congo, M23 armed group agree to ease aid, free prisoners
Government plans stricter laws to clean up tea sector
Violence against journalists in DR Congo rising, says RSF
Tea farmers against some clauses in the tea amendment bill
Ruto strips agriculture body of coffee role in sector shake-up
French aid worker killed in DR Congo air strike
Rwanda hits back at US sanctions over M23 support in DR Congo
US slaps sanctions on Rwanda military over DR Congo 'violation'
Following its previous escape, the animal was fitted with a tracking collar. A 14-person tracking team, bolstered by aerial support has been searching for the escaped animal in the Beaufort West area since Monday.