Mbithe had already cut the baby’s tongue and eaten it - Officer

County_Nairobi
By Pkemoi Ng'enoh and Hudson Gumbihi | Mar 05, 2016
Irene Mbithe                Photo:Courtesy

The row of five iron sheet houses where Irene Mbithe allegedly murdered Kibet remains deserted. The tenants, except one, have fled fearing for the lives of their children.

The sole tenant is also planning to move houses. Inside the three by three cubicles where Mbite allegedly slaughtered her son, all kind of items are strewn all over the place, from beddings to baby clothes. The walls are stained with blood.

Three mobile phones she reportedly borrowed from neighbours to call her preacher are also on the floor, all damaged beyond repair.

There are also church membership cards belonging to the two, one of them indicating Catherine Muthama to be member number 39 with a stamp of God’s Great Getaway Ministry and signature below it.

The baby’s birth certificate is also on the floor, indicating the boy was supposed to  turn six months on the same night.

Mary Muthoni, one of the neighbours told The Nairobian that, “I saw her arriving with the baby around 6pm on Sunday and knew she had come to visit Catherine. But the following day, all hell broke loose,” Muthoni added.

The strange prayers attracted neighbours who flocked the plot’s main gate but Mbithe reportedly turned violent and started breaking items in the house while Catherine attempted to hold her down.

Luckily, the caretaker managed to break into the house only to find Mbithe on her final stages of slaughtering the baby.

Peris Njeri said Mbithe had already cut baby’s tongue and eaten it with some body parts but his intestines were still in a plastic container.

Share this story
Experienced Okello, Chajira named in Kenya Lionesses squad for Rugby Africa Cup
Kenya Lionesses have named an experienced squad featuring Janet Okello and Sheila Chajira for the Rugby Africa Cup as they aim to improve on their previous runner-up finish.
McCarthy set for emotional South Africa reunion after AFCON Draw
Harambee Stars coach Benni McCarthy is preparing for an emotional clash against his home country after Kenya was drawn with South Africa in the 2027 Afcon qualifiers.
Junior Starlets gear up for World Cup qualifier encounter against Uganda
Junior Starlets have set their sights on a crucial away win over Uganda’s Teen Cranes as they aim to secure their return to the global stage.
Under-20 talents to face off in battle for tickets to world event in Eugene
The World Under-20 Championships is set for August 5-9 in Eugene.
Over 2,500 players to battle it out in Duracoat Golf Masters Series
The Duracoat Golf Masters series 2026 will be played at 12 venues before the grand finale that will be staged at Mount Kipipiri at the end of the year. 
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS