Questions raised over soccer talent camp in Musingu
Sports
By
Faith Karanja
| Aug 06, 2019
Parents have raised concerns over a soccer talent camp at Musingu Boys School.
They have moved to ask Education CS Magoha to investigate the exercise, accusing some trainers of not following due process
They want the CS to order that the whole exercise to be investigated because of the conduct of some trainers of the boys who are not following due process.
The school had posted on social media that they are inviting young people in secondary school aged between 15 and 17 years who have a talent in soccer to be recruited as players and be admitted in the school.
Some parents who got interested in it have told the media that they delivered their boys on August 4, 2019 but to their surprise they received a call this morning and informed that their sons have been eliminated.
READ MORE
Magical Kenya Open: Jastas Madoya reveals what fuels his passion for golf
Youthful Kinoti Kiara crowned African fencing champion
How Chinese elements shine at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics
Thunder plot Equity Bank raid as Premier League tips off
Kenya Army, KPA and Equity win as league second leg gets underway
Lemke, Jarvis on one stroke lead as Njoroge shoulders Kenya's hope
Odhiambo leads congratulations as Kanjama becomes LSK's 52nd president
All World Cup matches sold out, says FIFA's Infantino
How Kenya is now positioning itself as top sports destination
Magical Kenya Open: Kruyswijk, Kibugu inspire local charges as battle intensifies
“Senior master Geoffrey Shisia called me this morning to inform that my son was eliminated and that he had been already asked to leave the compound,” said Joseph Barasa, one of the parents.
Barasa said that when he pleaded with Shisia to keep the boy so that he may go pick him up, the teacher disconnected the phone.
“I later came to learn that this exercise is a scam as I am made to understand that players are not being selected on merit but by bribing for those parents who want their sons to join the school,” said Barasa.
He added that together with other parents they are seeking to have the exercise investigated.
Barasa urged CS Magoha to order that the whole exercise be investigated.
The trainees were required to carry boots, training kits, a blanket and a bedsheet, copies of birth certificates, copies of KCPE certificates and report cards of the school where the participants are currently enrolled.
The school outlined the camp is free of charge and food and accommodation will be provided by the school for the entire period?.