Chelsea boss Sarri makes shocking Eden Hazard confession

Premier League
By Mirror | Aug 25, 2018
Eden Hazard is not up to full fitness yet, according to Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri [COURTESY]

Eden Hazard is not up to full fitness yet, according to Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri.

The Belgium star has been restricted to a bit-part role for the Blues since returning from holiday following the World Cup.

However, Hazard is still getting up to full speed as Chelsea look to record a third win on the spin when they travel to Newcastle on Sunday.

Sarri said: “Eden is ready for 50-60 minutes. I don't know for 90 minutes. But he can start.”

“Maybe he does want to start. But it is my mind that is more important. I am happy with him. He wants to play. I think it's the right way to think for him. But I have to think for everybody.” ”

Sarri also confirmed that Hazard will not be leaving Stamford Bridge before the end of the European transfer window, which shuts on August 31. Real Madrid are interested in the Belgian skipper.

Hazard came on as a substitute during the Arsenal match [COURTESY]

The Chelsea manager said: “I am the coach of a very good team. I am the coach of a very great club.

"So I think that such an important club cannot sell a very important player without the possibility of buying another very important player at the same level. So I think that Eden will stay with us for all the season.”

But Sarri could not offer England midfielder Ruben Loftus-Cheek, left out of the squad for the win over Arsenal last week, any guarantees about his place.

He said: “It was only a decision about the positions. I chose to put two wingers and only one midfielder on the bench. I have spoken with Ruben twice this week after I spoke with the club.

"I think Loftus-Cheek will remain with us. We can speak again about his situation, but I think only in December.”

Share this story
Title-hungry Leopards seek to bounce back to winning ways
AFC Leopards will be aiming to return to winning form this weekend as the SportPesa Premier League resumes with a decisive round of fixtures.
Magical Kenya Open: Jastas Madoya reveals what fuels his passion for golf
The spiritual player advises young people to cultivate discipline if they want to reach the lofty heights of playing in the MKO in future.
NOC-K signs strategic MoU with Japanese Olympic Committee
The deal aims at strengthening high-performance systems, athlete development, sports science collaboration, and leadership education between Kenya and Japan.
Youthful Kinoti Kiara crowned African fencing champion
Kiara beat Egypt’s Hamza H. Abuhalwa, Mohamed El Bounjaimi of Morocco and Togo’s Ilan Tchaa Arou to the continental title.
How Chinese elements shine at Milan-Cortina Winter Olympics
From alpine venues in the snow-dusted Italian mountains to the streets of Milan, the 2026 Winter Olympics have drawn global attention.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS