Kenyan youngster chasing the dream in motorsport

Unique Sports
By Standard Sports | Aug 22, 2021
Joshua Charles Ngini in a past action. [Courtesy]

Joshua Charles has nine months since he started competing in the motocross sport.

For him, riding motorbikes has been an exciting event since December last year after being inspired by his friend who is also a rider.

Before joining the game, Joshua liked cycling for fun within his neighborhood.

According to his father Carrey Ngini, Joshua was not only amazing but also inspiring and that made him change his perception towards the sport.

“We were surprised that Joshua, who had never rode a motorbike perfectly rode it with friends in the compound. We would like to thank his friend who helped us identify his talent,” Ngini.

In the same month after buying him a motorbike, Joshua joined other riders at Jamhuri Park and made debut in a competitive riding.

Despite being his first appearance in the competition, he defied the odds to win the new and the best upcoming rider award in the Pewi category which is an entry category in the sport.

“Although football and basketball were my favorite sports before I joined motocross, I do not regret the decision I made over joining the game which I had little knowledge about. The sport has become my daily routine because it makes me feel proud of myself and my talent,” said Joshua.

The 50cc rider has much respect for Alexander De zouza and Tai Wahome who he says have played a big role in nurturing his riding skills.

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS