Burglars steal car from Newcastle star Isak's home

Football
By AFP | Apr 08, 2024
Alexander Isak. [AFP photo]

Newcastle striker Alexander Isak has been targeted by burglars who stole a car from the Sweden international's home.

Isak's house at Darras Hall in Northumberland was hit by the robbers on Thursday, just 48 hours before he played in Newcastle's 1-0 win at Fulham on Saturday.

Northumbria Police said it received a report of a burglary from a property at around 1005 BST on Thursday.

"The offence is believed to have taken place earlier that day. It was reported that offenders gained entry to the property and took a vehicle from the address," a police spokesperson said.

"The vehicle was later found abandoned in the Dissington area, and the occupants had fled the scene."

It is not known whether Isak or his family were at home at the time of the burglary.

The break-in came three months after Isak's Newcastle team-mate Joelinton had his home burgled.

The Brazilian midfielder was not at his house, which is also in the Darras Hall estate, at the time, but received a security alert on his phone as it happened.

Wealthy Premier League stars have long been prime targets for burglars, with Manchester City winger Jack Grealish's Cheshire home raided in December.

The thieves took jewellery and watches during City's Premier League clash against Everton.

"This has been a traumatic experience for all of us, I am just so grateful that nobody was hurt," Grealish said at the time.

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS