Allegri puts Man United on red alert with plan to return to dugout in September

Premier League
By Mirror | Feb 21, 2020
Massimiliano Allegri has been promoting his new book in Paris. [Courtesy]

Former Juventus and AC Milan manager Massimiliano Allegri has suggested he wants to be back in a job by September- with Manchester United said to be among the clubs monitoring the Italian's situation.

Allegri has been on a sabbatical since leaving his post at Juve at the end of last season but admitted he is ready for a return after enjoying his time out of the spotlight.

The 52-year-old has a hugely successful record in Italy, having won six Serie A titles and four Coppa Italias as well as finishing runner-up twice in the Champions League.

As well as United he has also been linked with the likes of PSG, but speaking at the launch of his new book in Paris Allegri said his future is still very much up in the air.

"There is nothing with PSG. I am in Paris just to present my book," Allegri said.

"I am not here to talk about my future because I don't know my future but I know that in September I must necessarily go back to training otherwise I get too used to being on vacation."

Allegri won a huge amount of silverware as Juventus manager. [Courtesy]

The future of Ole Gunnar Solskjaer at United is also still to be confirmed. The Norwegian's position was looking perilous when United lost 2-0 at home to Burnley last month, but since then his team have gone five games unbeaten, and there may still be time for him to convince the powers that be at the club that he is the right man to take them forward.

Allegri previously revealed that he was taking English lessons, however, potentially with a view to taking over a Premier League club, and United could be tempted by appointing a manager with a reputation as such a serial winner.

United are next in action on Sunday when they take on Watford in the Premier League.

Share this story
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
Kenyans now shift focus to Commonwealth Games after shining at Africa meet in Accra
After an overall second place in the continent at the 24th African Senior Athletics Championships, Kenyan stars have firmly set their sights on the Commonwealth Games in July.
New motorsports body up and running with autocross action at Stoni Athi
There was jubilation as fans welcomed the recognition of Motorsports Kenya Federation by the government as the official and legitimate motorsport governing body in the country.
Fight for survival now down to one team as Bidco, Sofapaka relegated
The battle to survive relegation in the SportPesa Premier League is set for a tense finish with five clubs still fighting to avoid joining Bidco United and Sofapaka in the National Super League.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS