Bad news for Man United as Paul Pogba pulls out of Man Utd's clash with AC Milan amid transfer speculation

Football
By Mirror | Aug 03, 2019
Real Madrid and his former club Juventus linked with a move for the 26-year-old [Courtesy]

Paul Pogba has been pulled out of Manchester United's friendly against AC Milan in Cardiff on Saturday, with manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claiming that the Frenchman has a back spasm.

The midfielder remains at the centre of transfer speculation this summer, with both Real Madrid and his former club Juventus linked with a move for the 26-year-old.

At the end of last season Pogba cited his desire to pursue another challenge three years after rejoining United from Juve, but so far no bid has been forthcoming to United, who agreed an £80million deal for Leicester City defender Harry Maguire on Friday.

Pogba has featured in United's pre-season matches this summer but won't face the Italian giants at the Principality Stadium.

“At the end of the session today, Paul got a back spasm, the same issue he had last week when he missed the session in Norway. But I think he’ll be available early next week," Solskjaer told the United website.

The Norwegian also confirmed that four other players will miss the match in the Welsh capital, including Romelu Lukaku who remains desperate to leave the club.

United have been in talks with Juventus over a deal for Lukaku, while Inter Milan remain interested in the Belgian forward.

“Joel Pereira tweaked his back last week so he’s back there training," said Solskjaer.

"Romelu and Alexis (Sanchez) are working on their fitness with Matteo Darmian. Eric (Bailly), obviously is injured and out until Christmas time."

United's 24-man squad to face Milan:

David De Gea, Sergio Romero, Lee Grant; Diogo Dalot, Phil Jones, Victor Lindelof, Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw, Chris Smalling, Axel Tuanzebe, Aaron Wan-Bissaka, Ashley Young; Fred, Angel Gomes, Daniel James, Jesse Lingard, Juan Mata, Nemanja Matic, Scott McTominay, Andreas Pereira; Tahith Chong, Mason Greenwood, Anthony Martial, Marcus Rashford.

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS