Chelsea winger Victor Moses says Jose Mourinho NEVER spoke to him before being sacked as Blues boss

Football
By Mirror | Oct 21, 2016
Football Soccer Britain - Chelsea v Burnley - Premier League - Stamford Bridge - 27/8/16 Chelsea's Victor Moses celebrates scoring their third goal Reuters / Eddie Keogh Livepic EDITORIAL USE ONLY.

Chelsea winger Victor Moses has claimed former Blues boss Jose Mourinho never spoke to him before being sacked as manager at Stamford Bridge.

Moses was frozen out of first-team action under Mourinho, who decided he had no part to play in his system despite an impressive start to life at the club.

The former Liverpool flier says that, other than a phone call while he was on loan with the Reds, the Special One did not make the effort to talk to him.

"He never spoke to me," Moses told ESPN FC. "I thought in my head, 'He's got his own players already.’

"I think we chatted a couple of times on the phone - he asked if I was alright at Liverpool [where Moses spent the 2013-14 season on loan], but that was it."

Britain Football Soccer - Manchester United v Fenerbahce SK - UEFA Europa League Group Stage - Group A - Old Trafford, Manchester, England - 20/10/16 Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho celebrates Reuters / Phil Noble Livepic EDITORIAL USE ONLY.

Moses is much happier under Antonio Conte and has been given an extended run in the first team by the Italian this season.

He has featured in seven Premier League games, starting twice, and has scored two goals in the top flight so far this term.

"The manager who is here now is giving everyone a chance - even the young lads," Moses added.

"I'm pleased that he's here and I've just got to go out there and enjoy my football. As long as you work hard, the manager will see it and he'll give you an opportunity.

"When the new manager came in, I just wanted to see how it went. It's a blessing for me that he enjoys the way I play and appreciates the effort I put in. It gives you a lot of confidence when the manager believes in you."

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS