Liverpool allow Mario Balotelli leave after death of his father

Football
By Reuters | Jul 08, 2015

Liverpool striker Mario Balotelli has been granted compassionate leave after a family bereavement and will miss the first day of pre-season training on Monday, the Premier League club said.

The 24-year-old Italian was not with his team mates when they reassembled after the summer break amid media reports of the death of his adoptive father, Francesco, at the weekend.

Mario Balotelli's parents Francesco Balotelli and Silvia Balotelli Caption

Liverpool confirmed Balotelli had been granted leave but told Reuters the details were private.

Over the weekend the former Manchester City and AC Milan forward tweeted: "Thanks everyone for the support. I really wanna thank everybody. My family thanks all of you too."

Share this story
Arteta urges Arsenal to seize destiny in crucial Spurs showdown
Mikel Arteta has urged Arsenal F.C. to “write their own destiny” in the north London derby against Tottenham Hotspur F.C. after slipping in the Premier League title race.
Title-hungry Leopards seek to bounce back to winning ways
AFC Leopards will be aiming to return to winning form this weekend as the SportPesa Premier League resumes with a decisive round of fixtures.
Magical Kenya Open: Jastas Madoya reveals what fuels his passion for golf
The spiritual player advises young people to cultivate discipline if they want to reach the lofty heights of playing in the MKO in future.
NOC-K signs strategic MoU with Japanese Olympic Committee
The deal aims at strengthening high-performance systems, athlete development, sports science collaboration, and leadership education between Kenya and Japan.
Youthful Kinoti Kiara crowned African fencing champion
Kiara beat Egypt’s Hamza H. Abuhalwa, Mohamed El Bounjaimi of Morocco and Togo’s Ilan Tchaa Arou to the continental title.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS