Ilkay Gundogan refuses to rule out a move to Old Trafford

Football
By Game Yetu | Jul 06, 2015

Ilkay Gundogan has refused to rule out a move to Manchester United - or anyone else for that matter - despite signing a new deal with Borussia Dortmund last week.

The German international added another year to his deal at the Westfalenstadion, tying him to BVB until 2017.

But he says that he remains keen on a new challenge at some point, although he remains happy at the Bundesliga giants.

"You can always see from two different perspectives: some will say, okay, he has extended, and if he should go next year, the club will therefore still get a lot of money. So it's all good," Gundogan told Kicker.

"And others say: Again, it's only one year.

"Everyone has to form his own opinion - I just want to be honest. I appreciate this wonderful club very much, but my life plan also looks at some time with a new challenge."

Share this story
Under-20 talents to face off in battle for tickets to world event in Eugene
The World Under-20 Championships is set for August 5-9 in Eugene.
Over 2,500 players to battle it out in Duracoat Golf Masters Series
The Duracoat Golf Masters series 2026 will be played at 12 venues before the grand finale that will be staged at Mount Kipipiri at the end of the year. 
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS