Monaco midfielder Nabil : Radamel Falcao regrets moving to Manchester United

Football
By Odero Charles | Apr 14, 2015

Monaco midfielder Nabil Dirar says Radamel Falcao must be regretting his decision to leave AS Monaco for Manchester United in the summer.

According to ESPNFC, AS Monaco star Nabil Dirar revealed on Le Parisien  that Radamel Falcao must be regretting opting to move to Manchester United, with the Colombia star still struggling at Old Trafford.

He told Le Parisien:  "I think Falcao must be kicking himself.

"Here, he would have played and participated in the Champions League, but perhaps he needed more atmospheres. At Monaco, he didn't feel good."

Meanwhile, Juventus coach Massimiliano Allegri is expecting a "boring" match against AS Monaco in the Champions League on Tuesday, believing that both sides will adopt a cautious approach.

"Our target is to get through this round and reach the semi-finals, and if we qualify 1-0 or 1-1 (on aggregate), that's all the same to me," said Allegri, whose side are at home in the quarter-final first leg on Tuesday.

"It could be a boring game, the important thing is not to concede a goal at home."  

Allegri warned that Monaco, who have conceded only four goals in eight games on their way to the quarter-finals, would be a completely different proposition to Borussia Dortmund, who Juventus beat 5-1 on aggregate in the last 16.

"The tie against Monaco is much more complicated than the one against Dortmund," he said.

"They are two very different teams, the French side concede few goals and it's always more complicated to play against a team that doesn't go forward very often.

"It's tempting to go forward ourselves and there is the risk of leaving spaces for them. We need patience, humility and intelligence, and to realise that we are not going to settle qualification in Turin.

"I think they (Monaco) have richly deserved to get to the quarter finals," added Allegri.

"They conceded one goal in six games during the group stage, eliminating Benfica and Zenit St Petersburg. In Ligue 1, they have the best defence with 22 goals conceded (in 32 games).

These figures do not come by chance."

Allegri said that playmaker Andrea Pirlo had been included in the squad after recovering from a calf muscle injury, and he now had to decide whether the 35-year-old could be plunged into the tie after a seven-week layoff.

"Pirlo hasn't played for more than 40 days, I'll decide after the last training session," he said.

Additional reporting by Reuters

Share this story
Junior Starlets gear up for World Cup qualifier encounter against Uganda
Junior Starlets have set their sights on a crucial away win over Uganda’s Teen Cranes as they aim to secure their return to the global stage.
Under-20 talents to face off in battle for tickets to world event in Eugene
The World Under-20 Championships is set for August 5-9 in Eugene.
Over 2,500 players to battle it out in Duracoat Golf Masters Series
The Duracoat Golf Masters series 2026 will be played at 12 venues before the grand finale that will be staged at Mount Kipipiri at the end of the year. 
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS