Ronaldo's sister says losing ex Irina Shayk is 'like a death'

Football
By Mirror | Mar 17, 2015

Cristiano Ronaldo’s big sister has claimed that losing ex Irina Shayk is “like a death.”

The football star’s low-key performances of late have been blamed on his break-up with his Russian girlfriend of five years.

Cristiano, 30, and Irina, 29, split at Christmas amid reports he called time on their relationship after she refused to attend a surprise birthday party for his beloved mum Dolores.

Victoria’s Secret beauty rubbished the reports - although she has since hinted at bad behaviour by the Real Madrid striker by claiming in an interview her perfect man would be “faithful and honest” and admitting to feeling “ugly and insecure” alongside the wrong person.

Cristiano’s older sister Elma admitted today that Cristiano’s split from Irina had knocked them for six.

But she insisted the model, who confirmed the break-up in January, was history.

She told Portuguese daily Correio da Manha: “Irina is like a death.

"We have suffered with the separation but we have to walk forward and overcome it.

“Cristiano is fine with or without a woman at his side. He’s happy.

“This split was like that of any other couple. It’s over and that’s it. Now we move on.”

Elma, who runs Cristiano’s luxury clothes store in their native Madeira, made her comments in the northern city of Porto where she travelled to celebrate her 41st birthday.

Irina fuelled rumours she had dumped the Real Madrid striker over alleged infidelities by describing her perfect man as “faithful and honest” in a Spanish magazine interview last week.

She told Spanish society magazine Hola: My ideal man is faithful, honest and a gentleman who knows how to treat women.

“I don’t believe in men who make us feel unhappy, because they’re boys not men.

“I thought I had once found the ideal man but it didn’t turn out that way.”

She added: “I think a woman feels ugly when she’s got the wrong man at her side. I’ve felt ugly and insecure.”

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS