Popular TikToker Alby quits due to lawsuits, depression

Showbiz
By Fay Ngina | Feb 28, 2023
Tik Tok content creator Mohammed Alby. (Courtesy/Instagram)

Tik Tok content creator Mohammed Alby, has announced his decision to retire from making street content after battling depression caused by several lawsuits. Alby, widely known as "The King of Smiles" for his viral "Mambo Nation" trend, took to his social media pages and stated that he had been sued by several people for making them smile.

Alby expressed his frustration with the lawsuits, noting the irony of being sued for bringing joy and positivity to people's lives. In his post, he stated that he would no longer film with strangers in Kenya and is done with "spreading Smiles" because, at the end of the day, the lawsuits had taken a toll on his mental health, making him not want to see another day.

"l am completely done with "spreading Smiles" because at the end of the day what it's gotten me is making me not even want to see another day," he wrote.

The King of Smiles, who has 108.2 million views on TikTok, shared a court notice on his Instagram stories, indicating that the lawsuits had become a significant burden to him. He further questioned why he, who was trying to spread cheer and happiness, was being attacked while people who create negative content are not being targeted.

The TikTok star highlighted the challenges of trying to do good in a society that is always ready to break one down. In his words, "You're all alone in this world fellow youth. Even when you try to do good, it's a hungry society ready to break you down and destroy what you've worked towards."

"What a world we live in! I'm just tired of these lonely mental battles. I have been working so hard for a year only to be dragged down so bad and so hard," said Alby.

This is not the first time Alby has faced legal issues due to his content creation. Nine months ago, he posted on his Instagram story that he had been sued. In an angry rant, he questioned why people would go out of their way to sue him for bringing joy and happiness to people's lives. Although he did not provide specific details about the previous lawsuits, he noted that other citizens had sued him previously for content they did not find appropriate or amusing.

However, in his previous post, Alby maintained that the court cases had motivated him to grow the mambo nation to greater heights. He said that the attacks actually made him feel like going all-in on his content creation journey.

Share this story
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
Kenyans now shift focus to Commonwealth Games after shining at Africa meet in Accra
After an overall second place in the continent at the 24th African Senior Athletics Championships, Kenyan stars have firmly set their sights on the Commonwealth Games in July.
New motorsports body up and running with autocross action at Stoni Athi
There was jubilation as fans welcomed the recognition of Motorsports Kenya Federation by the government as the official and legitimate motorsport governing body in the country.
Fight for survival now down to one team as Bidco, Sofapaka relegated
The battle to survive relegation in the SportPesa Premier League is set for a tense finish with five clubs still fighting to avoid joining Bidco United and Sofapaka in the National Super League.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS