Fan promises to name child after Arsenal star Ozil

Premier League
By Mirror | Mar 10, 2020
Arsenal's Mesut Ozil [Photo, Courtesy]

The Gunners midfielder responded to fan who said that if he received a reply he would name the child Ozil, with the German saying that he needs to see proof that the deal will be upheld

Mesut Ozil has jokingly responded to a fan who said that he would name his unborn child "Ozil" if he receives a reply from the Arsenal midfielder.

Ozil assisted Alexandre Lacazette's goal in the 1-0 win over West Ham United on Saturday, but he has still found time to make a fan's day.

A Gunners follower took to Twitter to say: "@MesutOzil1088 wife is expecting in july she said if i can get you to reply i can name the kid Ozil, dont let me down."

And four days later, Ozil replied, writing: "It's a deal mate. I don't let you down. Now it's your turn. I want to see the birth certificate of your kid in July."

 

It's a deal mate ? I don't let you down. ???????????? Now it's your turn. I want to see the birth certificate of your kid in July ???????????????? https://t.co/GgEjAmKjTu — Mesut Özil (@MesutOzil1088) March 9, 2020

The Arsenal fan was over the moon to receive the response and wrote: "Wow couldnt love you more, thanks for the reply ozil, wont let you down."

The Twitter world is sure to shift its focus briefly from July's Euro 2020 to ensure that the fan has indeed stuck to his word and named the child after the Arsenal star.

Ozil has proved a divisive figure since joining the Gunners in 2013, with some fans critical of his workrate. Nonetheless, the German has a strong fanbase and has featured prominently under manager Mikel Arteta

His cushioned header to assist Lacazette at the weekend proved crucial as Arsenal earned a valuable three points in the race for a European spot.

The assist was only the 31-year-old's third of the season in 23 appearances, while he also has just one goal in that time - scored against Newcastle United last month.

Under previous boss Unai Emery, Ozil was frequently left on the bench or out of match-day squads, but he has started every league game since Arteta took over at the Emirates in December.

Share this story
Sh11 B more to beat AFCON 2027 deadline
Kenya requires an additional Sh11.02 billion from the Exchequer to  complete key stadiums earmarked for the 2027 Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON),
Universities raise the bar in KUSF games
The just concluded Kenya Universities Sports Federation (KUSF) Nairobi North Conference League has once again revealed the growing competitiveness of university sports in Kenya.
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
McCarthy faces emotional South Africa reunion
Kenya's Harambee Stars placed in Group D for PAMOJA 2027 AFCON qualifiers alongside South Africa (Bafana Bafana), Guinea and Eritrea
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS