Ferguson to take charge of Everton at Man United

Premier League
By Mirror | Dec 11, 2019
Duncan Ferguson will remain in charge of Everton as they take on Man Utd.[Courtesy]

Everton has confirmed Duncan Ferguson will remain in charge for their game against Manchester United on Sunday.

The Toffees sacked Marco Silva last week before Ferguson led them to a 3-1 win at home to Chelsea in his first game in caretaker charge.

The former striker will remain in the dugout for their trip to Old Trafford, with coaches John Ebbrell and Francis Jeffers continuing to assist along with goalkeeper coach Alan Kelly.

A club statement read: "Duncan Ferguson will remain as Everton caretaker manager for Sunday’s Premier League visit to Manchester United.

"Former striker Ferguson was in charge as the Blues secured a 3-1 victory over Chelsea at Goodison on Saturday.

"Ferguson will again be assisted by coaches John Ebbrell and Francis Jeffers and goalkeeper coach Alan Kelly."

The search for their next permanent manager is ongoing with former boss David Moyes said to still be under considering.

Carlo Ancelotti has also been linked after being sacked by Napoli following their Champions League win over Genk on Tuesday night.

Vitor Pereira has ruled himself out of the running to take the Everton job.[Courtesy]

But Shanghai SIPG boss Vitor Pereira, an early front-runner, has ruled himself out of the running.

"It's always an honour and I am utterly grateful to be considered on a list by a club that I have so much respect for," Pereira told Sky Sports News.

"At this point I am still the coach of SIPG a club close to my heart in a country that is growing immensely in football.

"Currently I am not in a position to make any other commitments. I cannot decide now I need time to think and plan my future by looking at all the options I have.

"It's a league I love and yes for sure I would love to consider an opportunity in the future."

Ferguson will look to lead his side to an unlikely second win to climb the table, currently sitting 14th with 17 points from their opening 16 games.

Share this story
Ronaldo, 41, leads Portugal into his sixth World Cup
Veteran Portugal striker Cristiano Ronaldo will lead his country into the 2026 World Cup this summer after coach Roberto Martinez named the 41-year-old in his squad on Tuesday.
Kenya's Afcon dream is under threat as FKF officials fight
FKF president Hussein Mohamed insists the National Executive Committee meeting of April 24, which voted to suspend him, was irregular, unconstitutional, and in his own words, a coup.
Kenyans now shift focus to Commonwealth Games after shining at Africa meet in Accra
After an overall second place in the continent at the 24th African Senior Athletics Championships, Kenyan stars have firmly set their sights on the Commonwealth Games in July.
New motorsports body up and running with autocross action at Stoni Athi
There was jubilation as fans welcomed the recognition of Motorsports Kenya Federation by the government as the official and legitimate motorsport governing body in the country.
Fight for survival now down to one team as Bidco, Sofapaka relegated
The battle to survive relegation in the SportPesa Premier League is set for a tense finish with five clubs still fighting to avoid joining Bidco United and Sofapaka in the National Super League.
.
RECOMMENDED NEWS