'Hang in there', says Kalonzo on high cost of living
Politics
By
Esther Nyambura
| Nov 04, 2023
Azimio la Umoja co-principal Kalonzo Musyoka has urged Kenyans to remain hopeful even as the National Dialogue Committee finalises talks.
Speaking during a thanksgiving ceremony at Umoja II SDA church in Nairobi on Saturday, November 4, Musyoka said that in order for change to be effective, Kenyans need to put in the work, believing that things will turn out for the better.
"We have given ourselves up to November 21 to finalise the dialogue. We will submit our report to President William Ruto and Raila Odinga because they are the ones who tasked us with that duty, then afterward will release the report to Kenyans.," said Musyoka.
"However, as we work to make the necessary changes, I want to urge all of us to continue putting in the work. We should not just give up and leave everything to Kimani Ichung'wah and me. As we are working, so should you because this country depends on all of us."
His remarks come when the committee is preparing to hold a meeting with officials from the State Department of Housing, Treasury, and the Ministry of Energy on Monday, November 6, to discuss the rising cost of living.
READ MORE
Ombudsman orders ministry to bin unlawful Sh30 SMS charge for Grade 10 placement results
DR Congo, M23 fighters trade accusations over ceasefire
Why Sudi has only opened his mouth in Parliament to yawn or drink water
Zanzibar launches $12 million heritage restoration drive with private partner
How Kenya is now positioning itself as top sports destination
Electric tuk-tuk promises Sh200 daily fuel savings for operators
Judge recuses herself in Sh3 billion Kenya Breweries commercial dispute
Ruto, First lady Rachel in Addis for AU Assembly
Angola proposes new DR Congo ceasefire
Nairobi cements role as China's regional hub as 'Year of the Horse' begins
The meeting will also involve experts from various fields who will offer their insights and recommendations on how to address the economic challenges facing Kenyans.
The move follows a presentation by the Controller of Budget Margaret Nyakang'o to NADCO earlier in the week, where she outlined key measures that can be taken to improve the economic situation in the country.